IIRC temporary tables are limited to the connection that creates them.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Simon Slavin [mailto:slav...@bigfraud.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. April 2013 19:30
An: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] Variable-length records

On 18 Apr 2013, at 10:38am, Bk wrote:

> can some one tell me which of the tcl test script tests below two
> points of SQLite ?
>
> 1)  Variable-length records

If you're using the term 'variable length' because you're used to a different
SQL engine, then there's a paradigm shift: almost all SQLite records are
variable-length.  SQLite does not support fixed-length text fields: all text
fields can be of any length.  It even uses variable numbers of bytes to encode
integer values.  So almost all testing you do of SQLite will be testing
variable length fields.

<http://www.sqlite.org/fileformat2.html#varint>

> 2) Internal or temporary databases: load the data into an in-memory
> SQLite database and use queries with joins and ORDER BY clauses to
> extract the data in the form and order needed

SQLite distinguishes between 'memory' and 'temporary'.  The two things do
different things.  You can even have something which combines the two.  This is
how you do memory:

<http://www.sqlite.org/inmemorydb.html>

You create TEMPORARY TABLES using "CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE".

Temporary tables are usually stored on disk.  The only difference is that
closing the database automatically deletes those tables.  (Actually, I'm not
sure how multiple connections to a temporary TABLE may or may not work.)

There are numerous tests in the test suites which test memory and/or temporary
features.  If you run the whole test suite, you'll get them all.

Simon.

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
Klitschgasse 2 – 4, A - 1130 Vienna, Austria
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: h...@scigames.at

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you
have received it in error, you are on notice as to its status and accordingly
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any person as to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you
for your cooperation.