On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:26:20 -0400
Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> I really dislike changing autoconf versions since any autoconf upgrade
> results in a massive change in the generated "configure" script,
> which is annoying to audit before each release, and which results in
> exceedingly large and uninstructive diffs between successive versions.

Why keep autoconf output in the source code repository?

I'm not suggesting you should or shouldn't upgrade the version of
autoconf you happen to be using.  I find upgrading it to be a burden,
too, even without the added burden of effects on the repository.  But
having maintained a smaller project for a similar number of years, I've
never been tempted to archive configure scripts.

--jkl