On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:23:42 +0200
Lucas Clemente <luke.cleme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> SELECT * FROM (t1 AS a) JOIN (t2 AS b) USING(k) WHERE a.k = 1;
> Looks like this is due to some problem with resolving the alias in
> the parantheses. Now, as far as I understand SQL this should just
> work since the () don't introduce a new scope.

http://www.sqlite.org/lang_select.html
http://www.sqlite.org/syntaxdiagrams.html#single-source

As far as I can tell, the syntax you're using is invalid.  If it's a
bug, it's not a failure to interpret your SQL correctly, but a failure
to report the error.

The "single-source" section of the selection statement allows
parentheses around a join-source or around a single-source.  In either
case, the closing parenthesis must appear before the AS keyword.

May I ask why you're using these parentheses in the first place?
I have never felt the need to use parentheses in SQL except to control
arithmetic or boolean precedence.

--jkl