Kostas,

you have id defined as INTEGER PRIMARY KEY so id becomes the rowid and thus the index leaf nodes are the table rows themselves. So I/O-wise there should not be much of a difference in your case.

But I already noticed in the past that the query planner puts a heavy weight on INTEGER PRIMARY KEY indexes so it always picks those if they are involved in the WHERE-clause, no matter if other indexes would suit better. Running ANALYZE doesn't help since it does not create statistical data for the implicit PRIMARY KEY index.

regards
Gerd