Dne 28.5.2013 14:53, Richard Hipp napsal(a):
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Jan Staněk <jsta...@redhat.com> wrote:

Hello,
as a maintainer of sqlite in Fedora, I recently found out that the license
of the sqlite documentation is not specified - the web page only states
that documentation or its parts may be licensed under various licenses, and
that the details are unclear.

Recently a bug was opened (see [1]), claiming that in reporter's opinion
the sqlite documentation is non-free and not distributable, thus unsuitable
for packaging in Fedora.

Could someone please clarify this issue?

Many years ago, there were pieces of documentation of unknown provenance.
But all of that has been removed now.  The SQLite documentation, as with
the SQLite source code, is public domain.  We have in our firesafe signed
affidavits from all documentation authors releasing their work into the
public domain.

Thank you very much for clarifying. May I suggest update of the webpage http://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html to reflect current state? It would help preventing similar "bug reports".

In any case, thanks for fast reply.

--