On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 06:31:47AM -0500, Thanumalayan Sankaranarayana Pillai
wrote:
> Woody, this mailing list might not be the best place to discuss problems
> with YAFFS2. Saying that, a simple test could be to almost fully fill the
> YAFFS2 partition with a bunch of files, then read those files and make sure
> the files have the data they are supposed to have. Files should have
> sensible content in them (and are not just filled with zeroes). Also, I'm
> assuming that you already have some experience with YAFFS2, correct?

No, I don't have any real experience in using YAFFS2. Today, I tried to
subscribe its mailing list, but don't get the confirmation email, wired.

> Otherwise, maybe there is some requirement you haven't satisfied, like
> erasing all of your partition prior to using it?

Interesting...  Could you talk more 'bout that? As I said, the target
system was built by our external vendor, I don't know their process.
Can I check if it's correctly done?  Erasing Yaffs2 means something like
'mke2fs'
on a ext* file system?  Thanks.