Hi,

Running the following SQL does not seem to give consistent results.

If I concatenate a literal with a column containing a numeric value then I
get expected results. (answers B and E below)

If however I concatenate the literal with a numeric literal added to the
column, I just get the numeric literal as my result.  (answer D below)

These two do not seem consistent with each other.

(A)             (B)                             (C)                      (D)
(E)

select stepid  ,'STEPID'||stepid  ,stepid+5  ,'STEPID'||stepid+5
,'STEPID'||5

from seqnumber;

A   B               C    D     E

5|STEPID5|10|5|STEPID5

It is the result D that is not what I'm expecting and does not seem
consistent with the other results. I'm expecting a result of STEPID10.

The StepID column is defined as INTEGER and contains the value 5.

I am using 3.7.16.2.

Cheers,

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion

Tel: +44 (0) 118 9740191

Fax: +44 (0) 118 9740192

www:  <http://www.ward-analytics.com> http://www.ward-analytics.com

Registered office address: The Oriel, Sydenham Road, Guildford, Surrey,
United Kingdom, GU1 3SR

Registered company number: 3917021 Registered in England and Wales.