On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Dennis Jenkins
<dennis.jenkins...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I just read the Sqlite mail list exchange between Eduardo Morras and Dr.
> Hipp ("Header Application-ID list").  I was unaware that such a feature
> existed.  Now that I know, I feel compelled to chase a shiny object :)
>
> I maintain a legacy proprietary payroll processing system (from the 1980s!
> Yeah).  Anyway, a few years ago I integrated sqlite into it for doing data
> exports.  If acceptable, I would like to register an application-id for the
> data export file.  I request 0x504d3858  ("PM8X", "PayMaster v8 export").

I encourage you to "claim" and use that application ID.   This kind of
thing is what the application-ID was created for.

However, I think it will be best to delay adding this ID to the official
list until PayMaster V8 Export files are actually spotted in the wild.  :-)

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org