On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Brad House <b...@monetra.com> wrote:

> I would expect all queries which specify the primary key components
> in the WHERE clause to use the Primary Key in the query plan, regardless
> of if ANALYZE has been run or not.

SQLite examines many different strategies for evaluating each query.  For
each strategy it tries to estimate the total run-time.  It then selects the
strategy that gives the least run-time.  Whether or not the PRIMARY KEY is
used as part of that strategy is not a consideration.

ANALYZE does not change this.  The purpose of ANALYZE is merely to provide
additional information to help SQLite give a better estimate of the
run-time for each of the query strategies under consideration.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org