I don't think you did because if you had then what you would have seen would be
as follows:

SQLite version 3.7.17 2013-06-05 16:17:21
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> CREATE TABLE QQQ([FIELD1] INTEGER, [FIELD2] TEXT);
sqlite> .mode csv
sqlite> .import csv.txt QQQ
sqlite> select * from QQQ;
FIELD1,FIELD2
1,ABC
2,BCD
3,CDE

Which clearly indicates that there are 4 rows in table QQQQ and that the value
of FIELD1 where field2='FIELD2' is 'FIELD1'.  Of course, if you want column
headers, then you see the same result:

sqlite> .header  on
sqlite> select * from QQQ;
FIELD1,FIELD2
FIELD1,FIELD2
1,ABC
2,BCD
3,CDE

Or are you saying that you misinterpreted the first row of results from the
select as column headers when they were not?  I do not see how you could
possibly obtain something that looks like:

> > > Table will then be like this:
> > >
> > > FIELD1 FIELD2
> > > 0 FIELD2
> > > 1 ABC
> > > 2 BCD
> > > 3 CDE

---
()  ascii ribbon campaign against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org