On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Arjen Markus <arjen.mar...@deltares.nl>wrote:

> I have no solution to offer and you probably thought of it
> yourseld too, but the + might be an attempt (rather
> superfluous and annoying) to indicate upward rounding
> took place.
>
> Does this happen with an ordinary C program too? The culprit
> would be the printf() family as implemented on the platform.

SQLite has its own printf() implementation.  It has to.  If it used system
printf(), than certain LOCALE settings would turn "." into "," and
introduce syntax errors.

The build-in printf() of SQLite also introduces a number of useful new
formatting options, such as %q, %Q, %w, and %z.  Those extensions (and
others) are widely used internally by SQLite, so at this point it would be
a VERY big task to convert to system printf().

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org