On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Jay A. Kreibich <j...@kreibi.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:49:00PM +0100, Simon Slavin scratched on the
> wall:
>   Your other point still stands, however... as soon as _step() returns
>   SQLITE_DONE, it is best to call _reset() before doing anything else.
>   _finalize() can also be called if you know you're done with the
>   statement.

True.  But it is worth noting that the example code never even got as far
as sqlite3_step() returning SQLITE_DONE.  It was abandoned after the first
SQLITE_ROW return.  I think the read transaction would have been released
if one more sqlite3_step() had been called.  But it is still a good idea to
call sqlite3_reset() just to be sure.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org