On 27 Jun 2013, at 8:38pm, joe.fis...@tanguaylab.com wrote:

> I use LibreOffice files in shared space and I have never had a problem.

Do you have just one user with the file open at a time, or are there times when
two or more users are accessing the same database ?

> I believe the "~lock." files work well.
> Dropbox apparently doesn't sync files that are locked -- which is a good
> thing.
> Would SQLite DB files work the same way?

Dropbox lets everyone edit their own copy of the file.  As long as it gets a
chance to sync the copies once one person has edited one, it’s fine.  If two
people both edit their own copy at the same time Dropbox will make you choose
which copy 'wins'.  This is not a criticism of dropbox: all systems which sync
entire files work that way.

Simon.