On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Elan Feingold <e...@plexapp.com> wrote:

> >> Q2 runs excruciatingly slowly in 3.7.15.2 (1m 28sec). We then observed
> >> that Q2 was fast in 3.7.14 (300ms), but slow in 3.7.15.2 and later
> (tested
> >> up until 3.7.17).
> >>

> > Have you tried it with the NGQP snapshot?
> >
> > The NGQP was announced on this mailing list yesterday, but I see that the
> > OP only subscribed as of today.  Please see the original posting at
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users%40sqlite.org/msg77855.html
>
> Good timing :-)
>
> I tried with the NGQP snapshot and the query indeed runs fast. Didn’t
> compare to <= 3.7.14, but it was fast.

Have you run ANALYZE on your database?  Does that make a difference?

Can you send (1) the schema (2) the query that is giving problems, and (3)
the content of the sqlite_stat1 table after you have run ANALYZE?   If you
can combine all of the above into a script, that would be great!

If you send (1..3) above and you give us written permission to include the
query in our test suite, that would be off-the-chain terrific.

> What’s the rough timeframe for integrating NGQP into an official release?

Sometime this summer.

> Thanks,
>
> -elan

D. Richard Hipp