Hi,

I have been struggling with a problem and was hoping I could get some
insight.

I have a rather large database (11 GB) that has two tables (one with
approximately 500,000 rows and another with approximately 50,000,000 rows).
 In this database I am performing a query that joins these two tables to
produce approximately 4.4 billion rows and then uses a GROUP BY and COUNT
to return some values to me.

I struggled with the slowness of this query for a while in linux and
through covering indexes, ANALYZE, and a SSD I was able to get the query to
run in about 15 minutes which I am OK with. Unfortunately the same query in
Windows has been running for 16 hours and still hasn't returned.

In my investigation I found that the pre-compiled exe was faster than the
C++ wrapper I was using, so my tool actually spawns a process using the
pre-compiled binary. In linux I am using v 3.7.13 and in Windows I am using
v 3.7.17.

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to either improve my overall
performance or increase my performance on Windows? My general thought is
that this is caused by the file manager layer in Windows, but I don't know.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris