Hello,
I've tested the improved ".import" command and it seems that there is
a bug with empty not-quoted field:
$ cat empty.csv

$ ./a.out
SQLite version 3.8.0 2013-06-28 23:55:45
sqlite> .import empty.csv test
empty.csv:2: expected 2 columns but found 1 - filling the rest with NULL
sqlite>

I am not sure, but it seems to be here:
   }else{
    csv_append_char(p, c); // FIXME
    while( (c = fgetc(p->in))!=EOF && c!=cSep && c!='\n' ){

Regards.