I see.  Sorry about that!

I guess the real problem is the in-memory ones.  The other ones must have a
database file associated with them, right?

-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]
On Behalf Of Nelson, Erik - 2
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 10:51 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] attaching databases programmatically

Marc L. Allen wrote on Monday, July 22, 2013 10:47 AM
> Nelson, Erik wrote:
> > I've got an application that allows the user to create an arbitrary
> > number of databases, either in memory or not.  In my C++ program, I
> > have the handles and I'd like to attach them all together so the
> > user can execute queries against them.  However, the only way that
> > I've found to do that is to use the "ATTACH" sql.  The problem is
> > that the
> > sqlite3* exist, but the databases aren't in any namespace accessible
> to the "ATTACH" query.
> >
> > Is there some way to programmatically attach databases when all you
> > have are the sqlite3 handles?

> Perhaps I misunderstood the question.  It sounds like he has the
> sqlite* objects for the databases, but wants to be able to determine
> the database/filename associated with them so he can construct an
> ATTACH statement in another query.
>
> So.. the question is.. given an sqlite*, can you determine the
> underlying database/filename?

Yes, you misunderstood it.... the databases are programmatically generated-
there is no file name.

Erik

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended recipient(s)
and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise
private information. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, dissemination,
distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this e-mail or its
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.