On Jul 23, 2013, at 9:32 PM, Max Vlasov <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Petite Abeille
> <petite.abei...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Jul 23, 2013, at 9:52 AM, Max Vlasov <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Basically it's several tables implementing Object-Propery-Value metaphor
>>
>> Hurray! The Entity–attribute–value (EAV) anti-pattern!
>>

> pattern, anti-pattern... I think the main principle should be "whatever
> works" :)

I guess it depends what you mean by "work"… :D

> As for my experience, this was started when I wanted to extract the
> information from the CIA Factbook data.

So… for example… how would one get, say, the top 3 countries by population
growth year-on-year in Asia in 2010? Or in the last 5 years?

Or, say, population of one country in 2010 vs. 2011? And calculate the
difference between the two?

Or, given a country, all its bordering countries? Sorted by border length?

Or, …, well, …, any query really...