I have created a python module that I import within several files that simply
opens a connection to an sqlite file and defines several methods which each
open a cursor before they either select or insert data. As the module opens a
connection, wherever I import it I can call a commit against the connection.

Seems I've made a proper mess, one of the modules causes a 5 second delay
at import (big indicator there) and one of the modules calls a method that
yields
data while calling other methods as it iterates. Each of these methods opens its
own cursor. One of which during some processing calls another method which
opens a cursor and creates a temp table and this corrupts the top level cursor
and causes it to yield a shorter count.

If I open a debugger just as the top level method begins to yield, I can pull
all
the expected records. It seems to be one of the nested methods that leverages
the singleton connection to the sqlite db, once it opens its own cursor and
creates
a temp table, things go south.

A bit vague I know, but does anyone see the obvious mistake? I assumed the
module
setting up a singleton connection was a perfectly viable way to accomplish this?

Thanks!
jlc