On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Stephan Beal <sgb...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, i found that out the hard way ;) and had to go update my local
> sqlite3, but you were half right - i was linking to the wrong one, but i'm
> still seeing that behaviour with my fresh build:

Found the problem: this fctl apparently does not work when the main db is
:memory:. When i switch to a file db i get a temp file name. The gag is,
though, i wanted to use this routine to create a name for a temp db, which
i would install as a main db. So it's a chicken/egg case for me.

With file db:
[stephan@host:~/cvs/fossil/f2]$ ./test
MARKER: test.c:69:test_tmpfile_0():
tmpfile=[/var/tmp/etilqs_PBljqfZy5UaNWBr]
MARKER: test.c:261:main(): Done! rc=0 (FSL_RC_OK)

with :memory:
[stephan@host:~/cvs/fossil/f2]$ ./test
MARKER: test.c:69:test_tmpfile_0(): tmpfile=[(null)]
MARKER: test.c:261:main(): Done! rc=0 (FSL_RC_OK)

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/