Dear sqlite experts,

I would like to copy some tables from a sqlite database to others
(e.g.  'INSERT INTO to_db.table SELECT * FROM from_db.table'  where
to_db is attached to from_db). To improve the performance of this
process, I am trying to run several processes, each read from
"from_db" and write to a different "to_db". However, I have to connect
to from_db in readonly mode (python sqlite module with
check_same_thread set to False) in order to allow multiple process to
access this database simultaneously. Then, if I attach a 'to_db' to
'from_db', the 'to_db' is still readonly so I cannot write to it. Is
there anyway that I can attach a database in read-write mode to a
readonly main database? Or, if we make the destination database the
main read-write database, can I attached a database to a read-write
database in read-only mode?

Many thanks in advance,
Bo