On 08/12/2013 08:26 PM, Filipe Oliveira wrote:
Hi,

In parameters section of this page http://www.sqlite.org/lang_expr.html says that

"A dollar-sign followed by an identifier name also holds a spot for a named parameter with the name $AAAA. The identifier name in this case can include one or more occurrences of "::" ...".

It gave me the impression (because of "in this case") that only parameters started with '$' can have occurrences of "::" but the tokenizer is accepting them for parameters started with ":" and "@".

Am I misunderstanding the documentation?

Thanks,

Filipe Oliveira
Hi,

For what I can see from the code it is possible to have parameters started by '#', '$', '@', and ':' that are succeeded by an identifier. This identifier can contain not only occurrences of "::" but also a suffix enclosed in "(...)".

tokenize.c - line 316
      /* Fall through into the next case if the '#' is not followed by
      ** a digit. Try to match #AAAA where AAAA is a parameter name. */
    }
#ifndef SQLITE_OMIT_TCL_VARIABLE
    case '$':
#endif