I needed wanted to build "did you mean this?" feature to my website. I'm
using sqlite3 and learned that i can use spellfix module to order tables
via levenstein.

I downloaded source code of
sqlite3<http://www.sqlite.org/2013/sqlite-src-3071700.zip> and
compiled spellfix.c (it's inside /ext/misc/) like this:

gcc -shared -fPIC -Wall -I/tmp/sqlite-src-3071700/ spellfix.c -o spellfix

It compiles successfuly but when i load it into sqlite:

sqlite> .load ./spellfix

I'm getting this error:

Error: ./spellfix: undefined symbol: sqlite3_extension_init

I really have very few knowledge about compiling c programs. Did i do some
mistake about compiling or something else is happened? What should i do?