Brzozowski, Christoph wrote:

> Our application uses the System.Data.SQLite .NET Wrapper ( version
1.0.66.0 )

That version was released in April 2010 and is no longer officially
supported.

> in a multi user scenario, where multiple users on different machines
access the
> same database, which lies on a network share, or in a single user
scenario, where
> the database lies locally but is accessed simultaneously by multiple
processes
> on the same machine.

Sharing a SQLite database file using a network share on Windows can be
problematic,
please refer to the following link for further information:

        https://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5

> When we switched the database to an encrypted one, by adding a password to
the
> connection string passed to the ADO.NET Sqlite provider, the
synchronization
> mechanisms ceased to work.

The CryptoAPI-based encryption included with System.Data.SQLite is a legacy
feature,
has known issues, and is officially unsupported.  It is being retained only
for the
purpose of backward compatibility with legacy applications that make use of
it.

That all being said, you might wish to try using the latest released version
of
System.Data.SQLite.

Alternatively, you might want to look into the commercial SEE extension,
which does
work with System.Data.SQLite and is fully supported for use with it.

--
Joe Mistachkin