Op 10 sep 2013, om 16:36 heeft Harmen de Jong - CoachR Group B.V. het volgende geschreven:

On 10 sep. 2013, at 16:16, "E.Pasma" <pasm...@concepts.nl> wrote:

Op 10 sep 2013, om 11:37 heeft Harmen de Jong - CoachR Group B.V. het volgende geschreven:
I included 5 databases that we used for testing in this link:
http://wikisend.com/download/570088/test_databases.zip

The query performed on these databases is:
delete from A where id=1;

I could not resist trying this but the tables in the databases appear all empty and I get neglectible timings. Do I need to run an insert script first?

No, it is all about preparing, so there is no need to insert data. When we perform the query "delete from A where id=1;" on the databases from the zip file, we get the following timings:

500 tables - 10 msec in total
1000 tables - 25 msec in total
5000 tables - 298 msec in total
10000 tables - 985 msec in total

What we would indeed expect is to have neglectible timings. Perhaps our interpretation of neglectible differs? Could you please tell me what your timing is on the 10000 tables database?

We used the .timer ON command in the SQLite command shell utility as well as timing from our own application that has SQLite integrated.

Clear, and affter downgrading to sqlite version 3.7.7.1 I got exactly your timings.
But with SQLite version 3.7.17 or 3.8.0.1 the timings are neglectible.
Hope this is good news.