On 19 Oct 2013, at 8:30pm, Raheel Gupta <raheel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does SQLite support multi column primary keys ?

Yes.

> Also wouldnt primary keys actually slow down further inserts. I have
> queries to insert nearly 10000 rows in one second. With larger database
> multi column primary keys might slow down right ?

Yes, but they allow the searches to be faster.  You are making it longer to do
INSERT but shorter to do SELECT.  Which is best for you depends on your
purposes.

>> create /* covering */ index ByDS on map(d, s, n);
>
> Creating this index in my DB. It takes time. Its too big you know.

You only create an index once.

Again, you are making it longer to do INSERT but shorter to do SELECT.  If you
want fast SELECTs, that's how you do it: you provide an appropriate index.

Simon.