On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Ferdinand Hübner <
ferdinand.hueb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A query against the xbmc database doesn't return results anymore when
> sqlite-3.8.1 is used. With sqlite-3.8.0.2, the query returns results
> against the identical database just fine.

Confirming that there was a bug in 3.8.1 related to transitive WHERE-clause
constraints on multi-table queries with lots of LEFT JOIN operators.  The
ticket for the bug is here:

    http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/c620261b5b5dc

The fix for this problem has been checked in:

    http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/9aac4e588c

This problem was actually introduced in 3.8.0 but it was unreachable until
some additional enhancements were added in 3.8.1.  So 3.8.1 didn't actually
cause the bug, it merely exposed it.

This is a rather obscure problem, so we do not (currently) intend to rush
out a patch release.  The trunk is stable and usable if anybody really
needs a fix right away.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org