"Martin Kropfinger"
Am Tue, 29 Oct 2013 12:00:02 -0400
schrieb sqlite-users-requ...@sqlite.org:

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:51:08 +0100
From: Stephan Beal <sgb...@googlemail.com>
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Database gets locked for other processes

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Martin <free...@rakor-net.de> wrote:

> The program is running on Windows7.

The program runs parallel on multiple machines all sharing the same
> SQLite-Database-file.

Connecting multiple clients over a network share is a sure-fire way to
corrupt your database. See the bottom half of this page:

http://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html

as well as any number of threads in this mailing list archives
regarding this topic.

I can understand this. But I need to have the database unconnected to a
special sever. In fact it has the same issues if I run more than one
program on the same machine tying to access the same lokal databasefile.

First of all, everything that every one has said here damaging the DB, is correct. so, if you want to continue, read on...

I have a system of 10 people that use a program manager tool that uses SQLite3 as the main DB using a server shared db. I have been able to use it by putting a block outside of SQLite when someone is writing to the DB. What I do is that I have a place in the same server, or even same spot where the DB lives, that a file will be created before someone is going to write to the DB. This file will tell the tool that someone is writing to the DB and no one else will be allow to write. They can read, but not write. When the tool is going to write to the DB, it checks to see if that file is there. If it is, it waits for a few seconds and it checks again until that file is deleted. However, this causes the users, sometimes, to complain of slow response. I tell them what is going on, but they still harrass me. Anyway, again, doing this could damaged your DB, but if you really need this to work, there are ways of working around it. By the way, before figuring this out, I damaged my DB a few times, so you better make sure you have a good backup system. Ihth.

josé