On 10/31/2013 06:20 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
Hi, Clemens et al,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Igor Korot <ikoro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Clemens,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Igor Korot <ikoro...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de> wrote:
Igor Korot wrote:
After those triggers had been created the application start-up time
significantly increased.

On start-up it opens connection to the database and queries the table
that is not part of the trigger.

Any idea what to look for?
Are you creating one connection, or do you open it multiple times?
Nope, one connection - one time.
And it's not MT application.

Run your application under a profiler.
Never used the profiler before. I guess it's time to learn. ;-)
I have MSVC 2010 Pro and it does not contain the possibility to run
it. I.e. looking at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182372.aspx#Step1, I don't
have "Analyze" menu.

Thank you.
I was able to run my code using command line performance tools.
And if I interpret the results right, the start-up time slows down
when the db uses trigger.

The 2 profiler sessions are attached.
Could someone please confirm or deny my understanding?

The first time you execute an SQL query on a connection (sqlite3*
handle), it has to load the database schema into memory. This means
parsing the CREATE TRIGGER (and other) statements stored in the
sqlite_master table and creating the in-memory objects that SQLite
uses to store the schema in-memory. This does take some time, and
the more schema objects you add, the longer it takes.

But really, on a workstation, unless you have huge numbers of
triggers this shouldn't be significant. Nothing like "several
seconds" anyhow.

This mailing list strips attachments. So you will need to upload
the profiler sessions somewhere so people can see them.

Dan.