A small issue has arisen that the local powers may want to be aware of.  In
Visual Studio 2013, which uses the Windows 8.1 Platform SDK, they've marked
GetVersionEx as deprecated, trying to supercede it through to VerifyVersionInfo
and some other hardcoded macros based on that call that the new SDK implements.
 Looking at the SQLite source, it looks like it only uses the GetVersionEx call
to test for whether LockFileEx is supported on the current OS (whether it's
NT-based or not).

While not a big deal in theory (that M$ wants to deprecate the call), you may
want to put in a warning disable around the GetVersion calls, and eventually
look into a better longer term solution.  As of right now, sqlite doesn't
compile out of the box on VS2013 without disabling the warning in your project
file.  You may just want to locally disable the warning around the call for
now, with something like the following:

#pragma warning(push)
#pragma warning(disable:4996)
... blah blah GetVersionEx() ...
#pragma warning(pop)

...  or just find another method to check if LockFileEx is available (check the
response from a GetProcAddr, etc.)

In our project we're just disabling 4996 at the project level, so it's not a
blocking issue, but it may stymie other people, especially anyone picking up
development with Windows 8.1 now.

Cheers,
-David