Hi Howard,

> I just looked, sophia is nothing special. See these microbench results.
> http://pastebin.com/cFK1JsCN
>
> LMDB's codebase is still smaller and faster. Nothing else touches LMDB's
> read
> speed.

This is micro benchmark from sophia author compare with lmdb.
http://sphia.org/benchmarks.html

The benchmark is different in:
1. All read or write benchmark shouldn't be done in one transaction, but you do.
2. Between one benchmark to another (run read test just after a write
one), try to drop all caches in-memory and open database, this can
model situation
when data can't be in-memory because database is too high to fit them in.
3. Because sophia is optimized for write, the benchmark use 3 million
and 10 million record.

Hope this is can be an input for your development.