On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 13:01:37 +0100
Gert Van Assche <ger...@datamundi.be> wrote:

> Thanks James -- the select query is something I could do, but the
> update one I could not get that one right.
>  I was considering to create a new table based on the select query,
> but since the real data set is millions of records, an update was the
> best solution.

You're welcome, Gert.  Implicitly I was recommending a view: instead of
periodically updating a table with derived information, let SQLite
always provide up-to-date information by deriving it on demand.

With a dataset of millions of records, is performance on such a view
much different from that of a table?  I don't happen to have such a
sample handy, and I'm curious what you've seen.

--jkl