Hello SQLite users,

I was wondering, if closing the database connection after each transaction is a
good idea.
Possibly I've missed the thread concerning this topic. If this is true, please
supply me with this link.

Otherwise, can anybody give a reliable advice to do it in this or that way. I
found some conflicting posts on other lists, and I'm unsure to procceed.
In fact, opening and closing the DB connection for each transaction will waste
CPU ressources and time. But possibly there is a reason to do so.
Assuming that fsync() works correcly, there should be no need to close the DB
connection, if only a few processes are using a single DB.
My operating system is Linux and the SQLite 3.7.9 database files are stored in
NAND Flash.

Regards,

Carsten