On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Sascha Sertel <sascha.ser...@gmail.com>wrote:

> We actually hold a cache of prepared statements so we know which ones are
> open, maybe as an experiment I could try calling reset on all of them and
> see if that gives the checkpointer enough time to do its thing?

By default, SQLite only tries to run a checkpoint at the end of a write
transaction.  So, to help insure that a checkpoint does get run, it might
also be good to deliberately call sqlite3_wal_checkpoint() right after
resetting all of your prepared statements, rather than hoping that a write
transaction just happens to end about then.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org