I've got a multi-threaded iOS app. Each thread has its own long-lived DB
connection.

I was debugging a "stuttering" in the UI thread and broke into the debugger
during one of the pauses.

I found the UI thread and a worker thread, both in the DB, both in the default
busy handler, both taking a 1 second sleep.

I expected to see a third thread in the DB doing some work while the other two
waited -- but no such thing.

Now, I could have missed it. A third thread could have gotten in and out by the
time I broke in.

BUT, I was wondering if there are scenarios where only two threads can bounce
each other into busy sleep like two bocci balls colliding?

(one thread wanted a read lock, the other a BEGIN EXCLUSIVE write lock)

-- Ward