On Jan 16, 2014, at 1:50 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> FYI:
>
> If you use "PRAGMA journal_mode=WAL;" with "PRAGMA synchronous=NORMAL;",
> then fsync()s will only occur during a checkpoint operation.  And, you can
> turn off automatic checkpointing and run checkpoints from a separate thread
> or process, and let that separate thread or process take the fsync()
> delays, if you want.

Thanks. WAL mode would also be a more natural fit for our many readers/few
writers architecture.

It's just that we always seem to be on the verge of releasing something and
so I never have the guts to throw that switch without being able to give Q/A
enough time to crawl all over it!

After this next release, FOR SURE! :-)

-- Ward