On 1/17/2014, 8:24 AM, Jan Nijtmans wrote:
Not necessary. I noticed that CTE was just merged to SQLite's trunk,
so it apparently will be part of SQLite 2.8.3.

Ahh great, I look forward to seeing that released in February (regular schedule) or whenever. The greater maintainability of code due to the ability to refactor selects into named and reusable subcomponents, meaning bringing a benefit to SQL we take for granted with typical application languages, is coming to pass. That and the ability to have recursion, also taken for granted before. And no, VIEWs are not the same, those require creation of separate schema objects, while someone with read-only access to a db can use WITH, especially beneficial for ad-hoc reports. -- Darren Duncan