Sounds like you're passing a non utf-8 encoded string from C# directly to sqlite.

The easiest way I know of to check the actual data in the database is to dump it as hex (i.e., select hex(column_name)) and check if the contents are what you expect or not.

Gut feeling is that the strings in the database will be incorrect which would mean that the problem is on the C# binding side. The problem is most likely located where the C# strings are converted to C strings. I'm not a C# user, but from the documentation it looks like you (or the binding you're using) should be calling Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(myString) somewhere. Perhaps that's something you could check for in the code?

Pepijn