Igor Tandetnik wrote...
On 1/23/2014 2:26 PM, St. B. wrote:
SELECT * FROM A WHERE projid in (SELECT projid FROM B WHERE ptask = 'a');

will probably fill the bill.

If I where to run your query, I would do a
select A.* from A inner join B on A.a = b.ProjId where b.ptask='a'

Careful - this will produce a different result if B has multiple rows with the same ptask and projid. May or may not be a concern in the OP's case.

What would be the correct inner join syntax to provide the same output as the original select? I like that shorter syntax. Will any of these will be faster? Thanks so much.

josé