On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 23:37:43 +0000
Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> By the way, once you have this working I would suggest (from my
> experience) that you change your database design a little.  Instead
> of having a table containing just your open jobs, have a table
> containing all jobs, and add a "status" column which can contain
> 'open', 'paid', and perhaps even other statuses like 'awaiting
> payment'.

If closed jobs matter, it can also be nice to use separate tables
after they're closed (or before they're opened) for logical and
physical reasons.

Things that are closed usually have additional attributes e.g. the
close date, by whom, and why.

Because history tends to grow (in a useful database) over time in a
one-table solution active rows become outnumbered by inactive ones.

But, yeah, maybe two tables.  Not a million!

--jkl