On 3 Feb 2014, at 4:58am, Labar, Ken <kla...@hach.com> wrote:

> select (rtTableSort < 1000) as selected, abbrString from userParameter order
> by abbrString;
>

> This used to work until we upgraded sqlite to v3.8.2. It still does work at
> the PC level.

Thanks for test data and SELECT command, which allow us to test our own
installations.

What are you seeing from your SELECT that you weren't expecting ?

Can you reduce your INSERTs to just two rows, and still get results you
consider to be incorrect from the SELECT ?  If so, which two INSERTs are shown
in the wrong order ?  If not, at what point does the problem go away ?

> I’m wondering if we are short on RAM, and the sort engine is failing quietly,
> returning the un-sorted query with SQLITE_OK.

If SQLite is doing that, then there is a serious bug in it which will be
corrected very quickly.  SQLite is not designed to fail 'quietly'.  In the
unlikely event that it runs out of a resource it should be returning an error.

Simon.