Hello,

I'm coming back with my EXIF database. I have a TEXT column, ExposureTime,
where I store the EXIF representation of photograph's exposure time. Sample
values: "1/6000", "1/250", "0.5", "1", "6"...
I need to retain this representation, because it's how photographers deal with
exposure time. 0.004 would be great for math, sorting, etc. but the real life
thing is "1/250".

My problem is that my database holds too many different values for
ExposureTime, so the resulting plot is unreadable. I want to be able to "bin"
those values to create a proper histogram. It's not possible to "bin" string
values, because SQLite has no idea that "1/60" has nothing to do near "1/6000".

I need to convert strings like "1/6000" and "1/250" into their REAL
counterparts "0.000166", "0.004" during my SELECT request for "binning"/sorting
and counting purposes. I've started to work on an over-complex substr()+instr()
combo that is not finished yet, but will probably be a dead-end.

Is there a straightforward way to do this, instead of conditionally decomposing
the TEXT and recomposing a mathematical expression that SELECT can calculate?

regards,
Patrick

(you can Cc me, I'm subscribed to digest)