On 2/28/2014 9:59 AM, L. Wood wrote:
* Prepare query containing single ID with _prepare(). Execute it with _step().
Repeat for each ID.
* Call _prepare() with a query with single parameter for the ID. _bind(),
_step(), and _reset() - repeat for each ID.
* Call _prepare() with a query containing every single one of the IDs. Then
_step() on it once. Done. Is this even possible? Since there can be a million
IDs, I'm not sure if the query can be so long.

I expect #2 to work best. Make sure to enclose the whole thing in an explicit transaction (or at least, run large batches within explicit transactions; one implicit transaction per deleted row will be slow as molasses).
--
Igor Tandetnik