On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> MySQL does very well on query 8 which is a repeat of query 6.  This might
> be because MySQL implements a query cache.  It remembers the result of each
> query and if that query occurs again, without an intervening INSERT,
> DELETE, or UPDATE on one of the tables used by the query, just echos the
> previous answer.

Counterpoint: MySQL's wire protocol does not support concurrent SELECTs to
be running on the same connection, meaning client code has to do a lot more
work to collect all row data in cases where sqlite3 can easily run queries
while stepping over another. In my experience, writing code with their C
API takes at least 3-5 times longer because it's just generally a pain to
work with (it requires a great deal of the user). sqlite3 wins hands-down
on sanity/usability of the C API and, consequently, development speed. That
doesn't generally apply to script bindings (where using MySQL is also
easy), but it does to the native C APIs.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/