"you cannot tell SQLite to use a particular algorithm to do those things"
that's exactly what I wanted to know. So, I won't waste my time on looking for
impossible on Internet. Thank you for this answear. And thank you for
suggestion with ANALYZE command. This maybe be useful. I'll try to get familiar
with it and use it when/if I'll have some time.
Dnia 25 marca 2014 18:55 Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> napisał(a):
On 25 Mar 2014, at 5:48pm, michal.pilszak <michal.pils...@o2.pl> wrote:
> Is there any parameter I can set to select another algorithm (e.g. another
algorithm of ORDER BY) and check its efficiency?
You can tell SQLite to search for different rows or order them in a different
order. But you cannot tell SQLite to use a particular algorithm to do those
things. SQLite decides how to obey your instructions itself. The best thing you
can do is to CREATE an INDEX ideally suited to your SELECT command.
If your database is large and you are concerned about how long your operations
may take you might like to execute the ANALYZE command after you have INSERTed
your data in the database and CREATEd your INDEX(es):
<http://www.sqlite.org/lang_analyze.html>
Hope this helps.
Simon.