Greetings I am an iOS developer that is much more comfortable with iOS than
SQLite. I have an iOS app that uses a database with several tables. These table
the app user uses as directories. The user moves from screen to screen making
selections from lists generated from my Sqlite database (tables). Many of those
lists are “sorted” by using order by. In most cases that works fine. BUT I have
two columns that order by gives “odd” results. The columns are highways &
exits. Exits I have used Zero fill to get the results i need. (Altho I would
prefer not using zero fill since it “looks odd”).

>From what I can find out Sqlite uses an ASCII sort in order by, I think what I
>need is a normal or what I call alpha-numeric sort. I gather the way to do
>that is to use the SQlite3_create_collation method.  Frankly I can’t get my
>arms around this method nor can I find any good explanations or even exampls
>that make sense.

I read some where in my searches that Apple has “canned” versions of that
method but I can’t find those either.

Could someone direct me to some basic tutorials or explanations where I can get
a better understanding before I dive in to create my own collation?

Thanks all