On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:48 AM, RSmith <rsm...@rsweb.co.za> wrote:

> On 2014/04/07 16:44, Richard Hipp wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Alejandro Santos <lis...@alejolp.com
>> >wrote:

>>> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH= ./sqlite3 /tmp/broken2.sqlite
>>> SQLite version 3.8.4.3 2014-04-03 16:53:12
>>> Enter ".help" for usage hints.
>>> sqlite> PRAGMA page_size=65536;
>>>
>>>  Support for 64K page sizes was added in 3.7.1.  Reduce the page size to
>> 32K
>> and you should be fine.
>>

> Also, shouldn't the OP VACUUM or something after those pragmas for the
> changes to take effect considering the file is pre-existing?

Yes, indeed.  I understood the above to be the process to create a new
database that demonstrates the problem.  If you want to convert an existing
database to 32K pages:

     PRAGMA page_size=32768; VACUUM;

The conversion does not actually take place until the VACUUM command is run.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org