On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Peter Haworth <p...@lcsql.com> wrote:
>> It seems that foreign key errors on columns where the foreign key
>> definition has a constraint name don't include the constraint name in the
>> error message.  This is using sqlite version 3.8.3.1.
>>
>> Is this under the control of a compile switch or PRAGMA or am I stuck with
>> the way it is?
>
> [...] It is theoretically possible to keep track of which constraints are
> failing
> so that the particular constraint can be identified in the error message.
> But that woudl require more memory and CPU cycles.

I agree with Peter, "Petite Abeille", and Stephan, I'd like to see
which FOREIGN KEY constraint(s) fails, similarly to how one sees now
which CHECK constraints fails.

I'd even argue that anyone using FKs wants this behavior by default,
when #pragma foreign_key is on, but yet another pragma to enable
naming which FK failed would be fine too. --DD