On 2014/05/09 12:36, Carlos Ferreira wrote:
I am using a win32 DLL built "sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3071700" . the DLL is
from 20-5-2013.

I am using it with Delphi, and it works fine for what I need.

I need however a 64 bits version of the DLL. I actually have the64 bits
3.7.16 version that I downloaded from the SYNOPSE project from Arnaud
Bouchez
(http://blog.synopse.info/post/2013/03/23/Latest-version-of-sqlite3.dll-for-
Windows-64-bit ). It is a great work and a very nice library.

However in my particular project, I write and load blobs, mainly, and this
version is twice as slow as the 3.7.17 I am using in 32 bits.

As others have already mentioned where to obtain the 64-bit DLLs etc, let me just add that almost every later SQLite is faster than previous versions (usually at the cost of using a little extra memory) so if you are experiencing a regression in performance, it is very likely that the actual DB or query is not optimised - I would start looking there, not at the "version".

There have been quite a few cases where an un-analyzed 3.7 query executed a bit faster than a 3.8 query simply because it chose the better execution plan by sheer luck... the newest version is better at that but it might help running the "ANALYZE" sql command on your data table or rethinking your Indices.

Put the Schema and Query here, we might be able to spot you a possible
optimization.