The documentation seems to state that in order to use test_onefile, instead of
providing an option when compiling sqlite3, test_onefile must be set as vfs
with the -vfs command option in the shell. Is my understanding correct?

The documentation does not provide examples using vfs demo files such as
test_onefile or test_demovfs.  In order to use those vfs demo files, do I need
to edit the shell source code myself?

Are there any existing documentations on the usage of files such as
test_demovfs or test_onefile? Or are there any tips or books on this matter
that you can recommend me?